Mac address error RRS feed

• Question

• I decided to erase all files from the Shares folders and start transfering more files after that.

So i erased them and them went to the "Shared Folders" in the console in a xp pro pc.

And sudently i got a dialog box error saying:

Error while retrieving Mac AdressSurprisebject reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any of you know what this means?

Sunday, June 29, 2008 12:33 AM

Answers

• Sorry for the long delay, i discovered the problem, but forgot to post it. Sorry again.

The error was related to the Autoexit 2008 R2 add-in, which was trying to access the internet, but the router for some reason broke the internet connection. I know this because the error showed up again when the internet was down again.

After i had internet back again, i reopened the windows home server console and the problem didn't show up again.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 9:52 PM

All replies

• Please file a bug with your server logs, a screenshot and exact repro steps.

Monday, June 30, 2008 6:09 PM
  • Sorry for the long delay, i discovered the problem, but forgot to post it. Sorry again.

The error was related to the Autoexit 2008 R2 add-in, which was trying to access the internet, but the router for some reason broke the internet connection. I know this because the error showed up again when the internet was down again.

After i had internet back again, i reopened the windows home server console and the problem didn't show up again.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 9:52 PM