Any workaround to get sharedview working with Windows 7? RRS feed

• Question

• Just upgraded my WIndows Vista to WIndows 7 Beta. Now shared view is not installable. I'm not looking for support statements but just a workaround to get it to work again.

Anyone?

Regards,

Didier.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 1:14 PM

Answers

• Found a solution:

1. Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
    2. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. In the User Account Control window, verify that Program name is Windows Command Processor, and then click Yes.
    3. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type or paste the following text at the prompt:

reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f

4. Press Enter to install the solution.

Works like a charm now.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 10:24 AM

All replies

• Found a solution:

1. Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
    2. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. In the User Account Control window, verify that Program name is Windows Command Processor, and then click Yes.
    3. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type or paste the following text at the prompt:

reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f

4. Press Enter to install the solution.

Works like a charm now.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 10:24 AM
  • I have Windows 7 build 7000, x64.  This workaround did not work for me.  SharedView still refuses to install.  I also tried changing the compatibility mode to Vista, to no avail.  The error message states, "This program is not supported on this version of Windows."

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:43 PM