none
problem with email link back to forum post. RRS feed

• Question

•  On this thread:

Thread Title Can I use the Connection String builder dialog from C#?
    Started by: BobM42

I posted this information:

I have been trying to reply to this thread, using the email that was sent to notfy me.  And every time I clicked on it (several times in the last few weeks), I got a MSDN forums are unavailable message.

Once I connected to the forums with my web browser, I was able to click to the thread.  To be clear, I say I connected to the forum, meaning I opened a tab and searched for msdn forums, and then located the c# forum.  I was not logged in as a user, I had to log in to actually create this thread, but the email link worked without logging in.

Maybe someone can pass this on the webmaster.

I am using Vista, and IE 7.

Bob

I would be happy to provide other information if you wish. 
    • Changed type Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:09 PM to allow marking as answer
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:36 PM

Answers

• I presume you mean Office *2007* and Outlook *2007* ...

I wonder if the uninstall has got rid of absolutely everything from Office 2007. We have problems in SharePoint land with people with mixed Office 2003 and Office 2007 applications on the same client and occasionally they are mixed only because remnants of one (typically of Office 2003 level apps) are still hanging around.
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 5:11 AM

All replies

• Just to give you more information.  I am using Outlook 2003.   I did have Office 2008 (and therefore Outlook 2008) on this computer, but I uninstalled it and reinstalled 2003.
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 6:14 PM
  • I presume you mean Office *2007* and Outlook *2007* ...

I wonder if the uninstall has got rid of absolutely everything from Office 2007. We have problems in SharePoint land with people with mixed Office 2003 and Office 2007 applications on the same client and occasionally they are mixed only because remnants of one (typically of Office 2003 level apps) are still hanging around.
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 5:11 AM
  • Yeah Mike, that was why I mentioned it.  Hope it helps.

Bob

PS: Yeah I did mean office 2007
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 6:55 PM