live mesh nvidia 9600 xp sp3 RRS feed

• Question

• I have the same problem. The strange thing is that it works correctly right after install, but fails after reboot (4bit colors,640x480). I also had it working for a while until live mesh could not start and I reinstalled it. It would be nice if livemesh had a way to install it without the remote desktop option.I just want to use the file syncing and the problems seem to come from the added curtain display driver.
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 7:12 AM

Answers

• Same problem as what? You started a new thread rather than replying to an existing one. I suspect that you mean that your display driver has a problem because of the addition of the Live Mesh curtain driver, which ends up putting itself first in your case. Please submit a bug on Connect for this issue as it is certainly not desired behavior.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 12:08 PM

All replies

• Same problem as what? You started a new thread rather than replying to an existing one. I suspect that you mean that your display driver has a problem because of the addition of the Live Mesh curtain driver, which ends up putting itself first in your case. Please submit a bug on Connect for this issue as it is certainly not desired behavior.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 12:08 PM
  • Sorry, I indeed tried to reply, but apperantly failed. I wanted to reply to the thread
    Microsoft > Forums Home > Live Mesh Forums > Live Mesh > Live Mesh Messes Up Windows XP Display
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 4:53 PM
  • No problems. I was able to understand the issue from your post. :-)

The original thread is here: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/661d4a53-7008-480b-9405-43b852358477/

And, as you can see in that thread, sometimes installing the latest video drive after live Mesh resolves it, but that should not be needed -- so, it is indeed a bug with Live Mesh. A bug report with logs from you would be great!
    -steve
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:32 PM