CRM 2013 Custom Menu into Account Entity with Dynamic URL RRS feed

• Question

• Respected Community Members,

I am fairly new to CRM 2013 development area. I have been using/playing with it for some time, but needs to change the Account Entity Record to display Custom Menu with Dynamic URL.

What I mean by, if I open any account record, I should see the MY Own custom menu option and when I click that menu option, it should open my website URL with that record Querystring. We had this set up in CRM 4.0. But I guess CRM 2013 doesn't support those customization, so need to start from scratch.

Please assist/advice how should I start with what tool or using plugin or changing any XML file or something else.

Thanks,

Nick

Friday, March 14, 2014 3:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can use the Ribbon Workbench to add a flyout anchor button to the command bar - this can then be linked to command that uses the Url action and the pass parameters option.

See http://ribbonworkbench.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/71374-1-getting-started-with-the-ribbon-workbench

and http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328131.aspx

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, March 14, 2014 7:37 PM
    Answerer
  • Scott,

Thanks very much. It helps a lot.

1)I also came across tool XRMTool from codeplex. That tool allow changing the Sitemap.xml file which will change the Main Tile Menu (WorkPlace,Sales&Marketting, Settings, Help). I guess that tool does not have capability for creating Dynamic URL like Ribbon Workbench. can you/Anyone please confirm??

2) Is Ribbon Workbench tool is open source?? I mean are there any Risk hidden charges behind it??

3) Does Microsoft have any tool or CRM SDK Package has any capability to change RibbonDiffXML file or SiteMap.xml??

Thanks,

Nick

Friday, March 14, 2014 8:07 PM