locked
Dynamic WorkSheet - No Data RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi

    We have a user who is using terminal services to access the CRM 4.0 Outlook client. If he tries to export a dynamic worksheet from CRM, no data is displayed in the report.

    I have enabled all data connections, confirmed that the URL has been added as a trusted site and I have saved the spreadsheet and reopened it without success. We are using Office 2007 and no error messages are displayed when the report is opened.

    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

    Thanks

    Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:00 AM

Answers

  • SystemUserBase table has the DomainName field but please be aware that direct updates to the table are not supported.

    I am not sure I followed the steps you took to disable and add new users and you may have followed them correctly.  When you disable a AD user, you should also disable the associated CRM user.  Actually, it may work best to first disable the CRM user and then disable the associated AD user.  When you add new AD users, first add the user to AD and then create a new CRM user record.  You won't want to reuse CRM user records.  This should ensure that everything is created and linked correctly from AD to CRM.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, May 1, 2009 6:37 PM
    Friday, May 1, 2009 2:30 PM

All replies

  • Is His security role set to allow exports?
    Try doing form a web client? if it works then your terminal services is creating the problem
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:34 AM
  • Hi Tiaan

    Thanks very getting back to me. After much investigation I determined that the permissions were set correctly and terminal server was not causing the problem. I noticed that the Domain Log On Name in CRM was incorrect and was set to a user which had left the company. I enabled the user which had left the company in AD and set the CRM account correctly.

    I then recreated the existing user with the correct Domain Log On Name and the user was created successfully and is now able to create Dynamic Worksheets however when he trys to access an Excel Services Chart his name is displayed as the user which left the company.

    I came across an article which stated the AD login name must be matched against the DomainName attribute in the systemuser entity in CRM. From my understanding I need to update the DomainName attribute of the user directly in SQL.

    I am unsure how to go about doing this? Which table do I search and where do change this?

    Thanks again

    Mark
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 1:24 PM
  • SystemUserBase table has the DomainName field but please be aware that direct updates to the table are not supported.

    I am not sure I followed the steps you took to disable and add new users and you may have followed them correctly.  When you disable a AD user, you should also disable the associated CRM user.  Actually, it may work best to first disable the CRM user and then disable the associated AD user.  When you add new AD users, first add the user to AD and then create a new CRM user record.  You won't want to reuse CRM user records.  This should ensure that everything is created and linked correctly from AD to CRM.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, May 1, 2009 6:37 PM
    Friday, May 1, 2009 2:30 PM