none
The underlaying Provider Failed To Open RRS feed

• Question

• I am using visual studio 2015 and having an issue I have SQL Server on a network machine so have created a login based on companyName\UserFirstname.LastName.

I have ensured that Sql Server Remote access and the DTC is set to what it should be and named pipes but still I am unable to connect I can connect to the database via windows authentication fine

<add name="IgnitionEntities" connectionString="metadata=res://*/Data.EF.Ignition.csdl|res://*/Data.EF.Ignition.ssdl|res://*/Data.EF.Ignition.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;data source=TFS;initial catalog=testdb;Integrated Security = true;;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;App=EntityFramework&quot;" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />

Now I am using TFS for the first time and it appears to be replacing the datasource tag which should normally contain the server should it or does tfs do some kind of transformation on the web config and if so how do I set it so that it does not replace it?.

• Moved by Stanly Fan Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:16 AM
    Tuesday, April 24, 2018 1:27 PM

All replies