The underlaying Provider Failed To Open RRS feed

• Question

• I am using visual studio 2015 and having an issue I have SQL Server on a network machine so have created a login based on companyName\UserFirstname.LastName.

I have ensured that Sql Server Remote access and the DTC is set to what it should be and named pipes but still I am unable to connect I can connect to the database via windows authentication fine

<add name="IgnitionEntities" connectionString="metadata=res://*/Data.EF.Ignition.csdl|res://*/Data.EF.Ignition.ssdl|res://*/Data.EF.Ignition.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;data source=TFS;initial catalog=testdb;Integrated Security = true;;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;App=EntityFramework&quot;" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />

Now I am using TFS for the first time and it appears to be replacing the datasource tag which should normally contain the server should it or does tfs do some kind of transformation on the web config and if so how do I set it so that it does not replace it?.

• Moved by Stanly Fan Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:16 AM
    Tuesday, April 24, 2018 1:27 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

What the type of the project is? Is it a Winform application? And what is the TFS?

If you want to connect database to Winform app, please refer to the following threads:

Accessing database connection string using app.config in C# winform

how to define a connection string using an app.config file in C# [duplicate]

How to get Connection String from App.Config in C#

Regards,

Frankie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 3:21 AM
  • TFS does not perform transformations. If this is a ASP.NET base project web.config has several transformations for various environments when the project is created but does not change anything you have written or that EF has written. So something else is going on.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 9:41 AM