View won't accept field because it has been deleted as a column option RRS feed

• Question

• What does that mean?  Are we not allowed to have two-option type fields on a view!?

Can I remedy this setting?

"The a_8fb2bb752667e311a4786c3be5a85b38.new_adds column is no longer a valid column because it has been deleted as a column option. You need to remove this column and, if you want, add a different one."

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:54 PM

Answers

• Better than that I can tell you what the problem was.  I had just created a trial site for development.  I created a custom entity and customized Account & Contact.  This problem occurred on the default view of the custom entity.  This wasn't the only bad behaviour I was witnessing.  Another was that I couldn't get to custom entity to create records.  Eventually I went back around to my Office 365 account.  Lo and behold, I had never been awarded a CRM license!  Doing so fixed all the problems.

I've set up dozens of these things and never had this happen before.  New to CRM 2013?

• Marked as answer by mardukes Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:21 PM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:20 PM

All replies

• Can you download the error log and post the details from there?

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 9:22 PM
  • Better than that I can tell you what the problem was.  I had just created a trial site for development.  I created a custom entity and customized Account & Contact.  This problem occurred on the default view of the custom entity.  This wasn't the only bad behaviour I was witnessing.  Another was that I couldn't get to custom entity to create records.  Eventually I went back around to my Office 365 account.  Lo and behold, I had never been awarded a CRM license!  Doing so fixed all the problems.

I've set up dozens of these things and never had this happen before.  New to CRM 2013?

• Marked as answer by mardukes Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:21 PM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:20 PM