Win7 32 bit laptop backup fails to my WHS RRS feed

• Question

• My Windows 7 laptop backup recently started failing with an error: "The backup failed because of a problem with your Windows Home Server Connector software." I have no idea why this is happening or what has changed. It was working fine a couple of weeks ago. I uninstalled the connector software, restarted the laptop, connected to the WHS, downloaded & reinstalled the connector software - same results. My laptop has all of the latest Microsoft updates installed.
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 7:55 AM

Answers

• My Windows 7 laptop backup recently started failing with an error: "The backup failed because of a problem with your Windows Home Server Connector software." I have no idea why this is happening or what has changed. It was working fine a couple of weeks ago. I uninstalled the connector software, restarted the laptop, connected to the WHS, downloaded & reinstalled the connector software - same results. My laptop has all of the latest Microsoft updates installed.
    Have you tried running chkdsk /r (run as administrator) on the hard drive in your client?
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:04 PM
  • Please check also the event logs of the client PC for more details.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, January 18, 2010 8:55 AM

All replies

Have you tried running chkdsk /r (run as administrator) on the hard drive in your client?
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:04 PM
  • I was trying to avoid that since it will take hours. I have a 320GB & a 500GB drive in this laptop. I will try this tonight. Thanks!
    Monday, January 18, 2010 6:02 AM
  • Please check also the event logs of the client PC for more details.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, January 18, 2010 8:55 AM