none
Windows 7 Ultimate Full Verison - sealed copy on eBay RRS feed

• Question

• Aloha,

I'm looking into buying a Windows 7 Ultimate (Full Version) on eBay, the seller said "The product has never been opened, installed or registered. This is a full installation, not an upgrade or OEM Version." Then someone selling another copy says " There is an abundant supply of counterfeit software here on ebay that REALLY REALLY looks like the real thing(box and label) and instead of regular retail product keys they come with MS Developmental Network keys." The retail box looks genuine to me,  can I tell if the product key inside is also genuine?

The same guy also says "There are keys made for Research and development, and once Microsoft finds out these keys are not being used for that purpose they will blacklist the keys which will leave buyers out their money.  It usually takes 3 months for Microsoft  to find out that these product keys are not being used for their purpose, and as such paypal only allows claims for up to 60 days - that's about 30 days too late to file a claim.

Thanks ahead for any replies.

Eddie

• Changed type yesfan2 Friday, December 10, 2010 1:45 AM
    • Changed type Darin Smith MS Monday, December 13, 2010 10:47 PM
    Friday, December 10, 2010 1:33 AM

Answers

• Simple answer:  Do not purchase any Microsoft software offered on eBay...most of it is pirated/conterfeit/non-genuine.  Puchase Microsoft software only from a reliable, trusted and proven source, such as the  Microsoft Store.
    Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, December 13, 2010 10:47 PM
    Friday, December 10, 2010 2:28 AM

All replies

• Simple answer:  Do not purchase any Microsoft software offered on eBay...most of it is pirated/conterfeit/non-genuine.  Puchase Microsoft software only from a reliable, trusted and proven source, such as the  Microsoft Store.
    Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, December 13, 2010 10:47 PM
    Friday, December 10, 2010 2:28 AM
  • Yeah, that's what I'll do. Thanks!!!
    Friday, December 10, 2010 3:48 AM