What happened to the Registry Cleaner? RRS feed

• Question

• I remember the 1.0 version having it as well as the Online Scanner having it, but it seems to have been left out in the 2.0 release.  Why is this so?
    Monday, August 13, 2007 7:42 AM

Answers

• From What I heard a registry cleaner may inivertily kill a program and the risk is to great because if you think about if a Microsoft registry cleaned removed a key not being used at the time of clean up so it gets removed if this was a key in a 3rd party or even 2nd party apps or software there be hell to pay legally if the damage was done to another app.

The registry cleaner in the web scans is an entirely different animal it scans different registry issues.

So untill more testing is done this feature may not be in wloc for some time when ever that maybe

I got my info from reading around. Not sure where it was but there was another thread on this. I'd try searching the groups here for registry cleaner I know there's lots of threads on this all the way back to wloc 1.0

Monday, August 13, 2007 8:42 AM

All replies

• From What I heard a registry cleaner may inivertily kill a program and the risk is to great because if you think about if a Microsoft registry cleaned removed a key not being used at the time of clean up so it gets removed if this was a key in a 3rd party or even 2nd party apps or software there be hell to pay legally if the damage was done to another app.

The registry cleaner in the web scans is an entirely different animal it scans different registry issues.

So untill more testing is done this feature may not be in wloc for some time when ever that maybe

I got my info from reading around. Not sure where it was but there was another thread on this. I'd try searching the groups here for registry cleaner I know there's lots of threads on this all the way back to wloc 1.0

Monday, August 13, 2007 8:42 AM
  • Then look up your information FIRST !

Once you have it, make nice short sentences (with dots and commas and capitals to make understandable sentences, etc) about what you can tell us for sure !

But please stop hammering on your keyboard as soon as a question pops up !!!! stop sending it without reading yourself what you just wrote ! It is so difficult to read your prose the way you write it !

You are mostly telling nothing, you're giving no real answers and you make the others on the forum believe that you have first hand information.

Your answers to questions have NO added value at all, at least not the way you are doing.

Monday, August 13, 2007 4:46 PM
  • I don't mind any knd of help (official or not).  His post was not without help as I have tried 3rd party programs which did result in disasterous situations.  But this is Microsoft and they should know their own registry coding.

Monday, August 13, 2007 4:49 PM
  • MS-Adict:

I have removed several posts from this thread and have toned down your post by removing the formatting.

If you don't like reading Mikro's posts, skip them, but do not attack Mikro or any other member of this forum.

Mikro is not claiming to have inside information, nor should anyone reading Mikro's posts think that they are anything other than Mikro's opinions or experiences - Mikro has not, in my opinion, led anyone to believe that he has privileged knowledge.

You can continue to be as critical as you wish about OneCare, though why you insist on doing so is beyond me, but do not come here to argue with other forum members about their posts except to discuss *in a friendly manner* the merits or failings of Windows Live OneCare. Friendly arguments are fruitful - nastiness is not.

-steve

Monday, August 13, 2007 4:59 PM