none
Explorer WebDAV URL format for Bonjour and IPv6? RRS feed

• Question

• We're developing an iOS app which has an embedded WebDAV server.  It uses port 8080 and also publishes a 'friendly' name via Apple's Bonjour.  Up until a month or so ago we were able to connect by typing any of the following (example) URLs into Explorer's address bar:

IPv4 : \\192.168.1.78:8080

IPv6 : \\fe80--10fe-644b-74b7-c2ec.ipv6-literal.net@8080

Bonjour: \\Daves-iPad.local.:8080

However, we all have recently found that these formats have stopped working in Explorer (quite possibly after a Windows update).  We have tried a 3rd party WebDAV client (CyberDuck) running on the same Windows machines, and this is able to connect without issues using any of the 3 methods.

We are all on Windows 10 Pro version 1803.

After some searching we have found a working solution for IPv4 by using the following format:

\\192.168.1.78@8080\DavWWWRoot

... but we are unable to find equivalents for IPv6 and Bonjour.

Questions:

- What's the Explorer URL format for connecting to a WebDAV server using IPv6?
    - What's the Explorer URL format for connecting to a WebDAV server using Bonjour?
    - Has this behavior changed due to a Windows update, and is that change documented?
    • Moved by Baron Bi Thursday, November 8, 2018 7:59 AM
    Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

thanks for posting here.

This forum is about desktop application development with Microsoft products. For your case which is off-topic case, I suggest you try other suitable forum for better support.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 26, 2018 6:18 AM
  • I was already directed to this forum from here : 

Explorer WebDAV URL format for Bonjour and IPv6?

I'm having trouble working out where best to ask.   Could you recommend which forum would be best for this question?  The main keywords would be Windows Explorer, WebDAV and Mini-Redirector.

Friday, October 26, 2018 12:08 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry that I'm not familiar with third-party forums. Which I know is there has no suitable forums in MSDN.

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 1, 2018 2:05 AM