Outlook 365 and Dynamics CRM 2013 - What are my synchronization options? RRS feed

• Question

• There's a possibility that we're migrating to Office 365 and I'm concerned about synchronization between Outlook 365 and an on-premise CRM 2013 implementation. What are my in-box options? I would much prefer a built-in solution over another plugin I have to install, manage, and update on a regular basis.
    Monday, May 12, 2014 3:22 PM

All replies

• Well, the Outlook CRM Plugin Microsoft distributes still works fine with Office 365. So does the email router.

The new Exchange Sync does not work in hybrid environments, period.  You can use Exchange Sync for On-Prem to On-Prem, and as soon as Leo (Service Pack 1) for CRM 2013 is released, Online to Online will work, but MS has no path for deployments where Exchange is online and CRM is on-prem.

I would consider migrating your CRM to online as well.  MS has in the past been pretty flexible with finding attractive pricing for companies that have already paid for CRM On-Prem licenses, so a full migration might be an attractive option if you're migrating to Office 365 anyway.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Monday, May 12, 2014 8:36 PM