Restore: this driver is blocked from loading RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to use Restore Files and Folders, I select a backup, then select a drive. The Opening the Volume dialogue appears- then at anywhere from 5-20% complete I get an error message: The restore process did not succeed- this driver is blocked from loading.

I have tried these on several different backup dates as well as different drives. And I have rebooted VAIL.

Ideas?

• Edited by Rosemont60 Tuesday, May 4, 2010 7:05 PM typos
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 6:35 PM

Answers

• What operating systems are you using?

Can you please file a bug through connect and attach logs.

Thanks.

Bodhi Deb - MSFT
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 7:14 PM
  • Logs are under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server. Zip the log folder and attach to the bug.

Alternately you can also use the log collector.

Bodhi Deb - MSFT
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:08 PM

All replies

• What operating systems are you using?

Can you please file a bug through connect and attach logs.

Thanks.

Bodhi Deb - MSFT
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 7:14 PM
  • One computer is running Windows 7 32-bit- the other Windows 7 64-bit

I will be glad to submit bug- but I need a little guidance on where the log(s) name is- and where it is stored on VAIL

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 7:57 PM
  • UPDATE: Restore function works OK under Windows 7- 32bit (LAPTOP). But stills gets the error on the Windows 64-bit (DESKTOP). DESKTOP running Intel i7 2.67GHz with 6Gb RAM.

So obviously the logs you want to see must be located on the DESKTOP computer, not VAIL. So, I still need a name of the log so I can search for it.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 8:23 PM
  • Logs are under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server. Zip the log folder and attach to the bug.

Alternately you can also use the log collector.

Bodhi Deb - MSFT
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:08 PM
  • Can you please also add c:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log

if you are using the log collector then it will collect all the necessary lots as well.

Thanks.

Bodhi Deb - MSFT
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:41 PM
  • OK- I can spend 15 minutes trying to fing the"log collector'- or I can ask you? I choose the latter :-)

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:52 PM
  • its on the connect site for download.  “Windows Server Code Name ‘Vail’ Log Collector Preview”,  zip up all of the files and then attach them to the bug report. 
    Bodhi Deb - MSFT
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 10:01 PM