none
Windows Home Server 2003 Connector Install Fails, 1st time install RRS feed

• Question

• I have a old HP EX490 that came with WHS 2003.  I've had it for a while and never got around to setting it up till now, since I have been using an old tower as a server till now.  In trying to setup the EX490 the connector software has failed.  I've used a XP computer and a Win 7 64bit computer and in both cases it fails to find the EX490.

I have a D-Link Dir-655 router that I have setup port forwarding as follows:

HTTP   80

HTTPS  443

RWW 4125

I've also put the IP address of the EX490 in DMZ on the router.   I've taken on and off and it makes no difference.  The EX490 address is a static address also.

Please note that I can ping the EX490.  I am however not able to go to the EX490 web page.  I would also like to add that my current server is named SERVER.  When the connector fails and gives me the option to name it, I use the HPSTORAGE name as assigned by HP for the EX490.  I have also added the name to the host file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm computer savvy but not the most network savvy guy, so you will have to be specific with me.  Thanks in advanced.

Moonspell2000

Friday, March 30, 2012 2:31 PM