Error message: Cannot write to the destination file when syncing from flash drive to C drive RRS feed

• Question

• I just used SyncToy for the first time.  I received many error messages stating: Error: Cannot write to the destination file. Cannot create a file when that file already exists. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700B7) Copying and then the specific file was listed.  What does this mean?  I have Windows Vista Basic Home.
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 3:33 AM

All replies

• Hi

Thank you for your choosing this tool. If you sync files the first time, SyncToy did the same thing as your manually copy. As we know, OS does not allow your manual copy in some scenario. For instance, if you have no permission to get access to the source file or destination file, manual copy should be declined by OS, in such situation, you can sync with SyncToy neither. So you should confirm your manual copy is ok before using SyncToy. May this could help you.

Thanks,

Danish

Monday, April 12, 2010 9:45 AM
  • Hi

Thank you for your choosing this tool. If you sync files the first time, SyncToy did the same thing as your manually copy. As we know, OS does not allow your manual copy in some scenario. For instance, if you have no permission to get access to the source file or destination file, manual copy should be declined by OS, in such situation, you can sync with SyncToy neither. So you should confirm your manual copy is ok before using SyncToy. May this could help you.

Thanks,

Danish

Monday, April 12, 2010 9:45 AM