none
reduction of abt 250 points in just 10 hrs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
    Just 10 Hrs back my Points were about 762 and i hve just got one more medal in my tally..and suddenly when checked few mins back my points are reduced to 511...i.e. almost 250 points less...How is this possible and wat will be done regarding this problem...

Waiting for a Reply.

Regards,
    Rushabh D. Vipani.
    Friday, July 11, 2008 12:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Ruvi,

Like Matt said in one of the threads, the points awarding system had a bug and wasn't calculating points properly..so people saw +/- points than they should actually get.  The system has been fixed now.

I double checked your points allocation manually and it is accurate.  As of last night 4:30PM here are the numbers:

#replies to question threads not started by you = 88
    #replies marked as answer = 50
    #replies voted as helpful = 6

Total points => 83*2 + 50*10 + 6*5 = 696.

You posted a few messages/replies today and that would have added upto 712.

Ram T - Forums Dev
    Friday, July 18, 2008 11:00 PM

All replies

•  Update on this problem here: http://forums.expression.microsoft.com/en-US/reportabug/thread/19866980-52b4-4e6c-9567-d455738bf132#page:2
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Friday, July 11, 2008 6:53 PM
  • This is now fixed.  Let us know if you still see any discrepencies.

Thanks!
    Sam Jarawan Social Platform Forums - Senior Development Lead
    Friday, July 18, 2008 7:08 AM
  • HI Sam,
    Sorry to dissapoint you but still my points are not the same as on 11 july it was somwhere round 762..now its just 712 points already short of previuos points plus from last 8 days points are still pending..i hope for reply soon.

Regards,
    Rushabh D. Vipani.
    Friday, July 18, 2008 12:24 PM
  • Hi Ruvi,

Like Matt said in one of the threads, the points awarding system had a bug and wasn't calculating points properly..so people saw +/- points than they should actually get.  The system has been fixed now.

I double checked your points allocation manually and it is accurate.  As of last night 4:30PM here are the numbers:

#replies to question threads not started by you = 88
    #replies marked as answer = 50
    #replies voted as helpful = 6

Total points => 83*2 + 50*10 + 6*5 = 696.

You posted a few messages/replies today and that would have added upto 712.

Ram T - Forums Dev
    Friday, July 18, 2008 11:00 PM
  • Hi Ram,
    Thanks for the effort taken by you to manually check my points, really appreciate it.
    and One more thing, you guys have done a nice job and u r cont. with it...keep it going..

Once again thanks for your personal effort.

Regards,
    Rushabh D. Vipani.
    Saturday, July 19, 2008 5:18 AM