How to use 'Web Login Name and Web Login Password' in Customer Portal? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed customer portal . When I want to login this portal , It shows me error :

Windows Live sign-in is unavailable

Windows Live ID sign-in is unavailable from this site, so you can't sign in or sign up from this site. The site may be experiencing a problem, or it may not be a member of Windows Live ID.

You can sign in or sign up at other Windows Live ID sites and services, or try again later at this site.

------------------------------

But I want to use 'Web Login Name and Web Login Password' attributes (From Contacts entity in MS CRM 2011) in Customer portal.

I am using MS CRM 2011 On Premise.

How can I use this 'Web Login Name and Web Login Password' attributes as Login of Customer Portal?

Gaurav Goyal
    • Edited by G Goyal Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:58 PM a
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:44 PM

Answers

• There are no "web login name" and "web login password" attributes in the solution.

For Live Id to work properly, you have to register your site with Live ID and you have to configure the Live ID connection string in your portal's web.config file.  The exact processes you have to follow are included in the documentation file - I highly recommend that you read the documentation.

If you want to authenticate against your contact records, this functionality is not included in the free portals, but is in the commercial edition of the portals available from Adxstudio.  I highly recommend that you look at the additional enterprise-grade features they have in the commercial edition: http://www.adxstudio.com/adxstudio-xrm/comparison

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    • Marked as answer by G Goyal Tuesday, April 5, 2011 10:32 AM
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:12 PM