CRM Online 2015 - How to make crm form fields are required on case resolve RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I want to make few fields are required if the values are not provided on the crm from when user is trying to resolve a case.

I have tried to achieve this by using a real time work flow but the problem the case entity has number of forms. The fields I want to make mandatory only exist in few forms. As the workflow will trigger for case entity irrespective of form which is causing issue for other form.

I have tried the JavaScript which is provided in the in the below link. But is not working . When the case will resolve the event should return as 5 but it is always returning as 1.

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.in/2011/08/dynamics-crm-2011-perform-jscript.html

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Priya

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 12:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Ayaz  and Ahmad,

Thanks for your time.

I have ended up with solution like replacing the CRM provided resolve button with a custom button. In the custom button click I am doing my pre validation according to my requirement. After that I am calling system functions which was attached to original case resolve button to do the resolve part.

Regards,

Priya.

• Marked as answer by PriyaSwain Friday, May 15, 2015 6:32 AM
    Friday, May 15, 2015 6:32 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

This might help you in.

http://missdynamicscrm.blogspot.in/2015/02/capturing-and-storing-case-resolution-case-entity-CRM.html

Regards

Ayazahmed

Ayaz

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:19 PM
  • Hi,

The link that you posted has table for entities for CRM 2011. If you refer to the Save event arguments (client-side reference) section in the CRM 2015 help file, you won't find them.

I think your best bet is to check if the getSaveMode == 1 and then check if the attributes you are looking for exists on the form. If yes, then prompt user/set notification to make those fields mandatory.

Your second option would be to do a plugin on incidentresolution entity as suggested by Ayazahmed.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 4:48 PM
  • Hi Ayaz  and Ahmad,

Thanks for your time.

I have ended up with solution like replacing the CRM provided resolve button with a custom button. In the custom button click I am doing my pre validation according to my requirement. After that I am calling system functions which was attached to original case resolve button to do the resolve part.

Regards,

Priya.

• Marked as answer by PriyaSwain Friday, May 15, 2015 6:32 AM
    Friday, May 15, 2015 6:32 AM