Supervised Transfer Example Problem. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When I attempt to run the SupervisedTransfer sample app in the Visual Studio environment, I get the following error:

An exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in ActivityLibrary.DLL but was not handled in user code

Additional information: SupervisedTransferActivity_CalledPartyNotSet(Name)

I see in the code where a check is made to see if the variable "CalledParty" is checked for NULL, I just don't see how it is set.  I do know there is an XML Document called Extensions.xml where when the name of the person you want to transfer to is listed along with their number, I just don't see the connection between the Extensions.xml and the variable "CalledParty"

Thanks

Thursday, May 24, 2007 1:13 PM

Answers

• The CalledParty should be set in the method

private void askContactName_Closed(object sender, EventArgs e) (line 110, I believe)

which is found in SupervisedTransferWorkflow.cs. This method loads Extensions.xml and sets the CalledParty property based on the name that was recognized in the askContactName QA. There's no error handling if the recognition result from askContactName is null, so if you specify a person not listed in Extensions.xml the exception you're seeing is expected.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 3:14 PM

All replies

• The CalledParty should be set in the method

private void askContactName_Closed(object sender, EventArgs e) (line 110, I believe)

which is found in SupervisedTransferWorkflow.cs. This method loads Extensions.xml and sets the CalledParty property based on the name that was recognized in the askContactName QA. There's no error handling if the recognition result from askContactName is null, so if you specify a person not listed in Extensions.xml the exception you're seeing is expected.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 3:14 PM
  • Thanks for your response. I will take a look.
    Saturday, May 26, 2007 2:20 PM