CRM 2013: Cannot get "+" sign to showup on Connections sub-grid on Account form same as it does on Opportunity form. RRS feed

• Question

• On the default Opportunity form, a user can quickly create a new Connection for "Stakeholders" right inline with the sub-grid on the Opportunity form.  I tried the exact same thing on the Account form with no luck.  I created the sub-grid to have the exact same values as the sub-grid on the Opportunity form.

On the Account form, only the "list" icon appears but no "+" sign.  On the Opportunity form, only the "+" icon shows up and no "list" icon.  I cannot discern what the differences are in the sub-grid setup or in the entity relationship setup.  I'm beginning to think there is some custom code behind the Opportunity form.  Does anyone have insight into this?

(Note: I know the "+" icon will show up for sub-grids for entities that have 1:N relationships.  But on the Opportunity form, it is showing up for various N:N relationships, including Connections and Competitors.)

Monday, November 11, 2013 2:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You are right - at this time the Connections subgrid on the Opportunity form is 'special' and cannot be used on other entities unfortunately.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, November 14, 2013 10:10 AM
    Answerer
  • What is the reason for same??? I am facing same issue with custom entity subgrid.

Neeraj Sharma

Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:51 PM
  • I just stumbled upon this today also.  Can we get Microsoft to respond?  Sure seems like a bug...

Thanks,

Lon

Lon Orenstein Living Business Online, Inc. www.LivingBusinessOnline.com

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:38 PM
  • Here's the response I got...

https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions/feedback/details/816424/add-connections-subgrid-to-forms-by-default-crm-2013

Please vote ^this up on Connect? Maybe we can get them to reconsider. ;)

• Proposed as answer by M. Jaxon Tuesday, February 18, 2014 11:56 PM
    Tuesday, February 18, 2014 11:56 PM
  • MS have closed that Connect ticket as "By Design". I'm still struggling with Connections subgrids and the inability to add right on the form rather than navigating to the associated view - this is not intuitive for users at all. Any feedback from anyone on whether MS have plans to extend the "special" opp form behaviour to other forms?
    Monday, July 7, 2014 1:52 PM
  • Hey Scott,

I have the same issue with CRM 2015.  Is there a resolution to this issue yet?

Thanks!

Dave Townsend

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 2:36 PM
  • I just spent a 1/2 day trying to duplicate Stakeholders subgrid on a new entity form in CRM Online.  The ability to reuse this subgrid or create a new subgrid with similar '+' lookup functionality would be very helpful

• Edited by ara99 Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:31 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:30 AM
  • Hi!

I've created a solution that duplicates this kind of functionality in a custom webresource using www.sparkleXRM.com.

See

http://www.develop1.net/public/post/Refresh-Connections-UI-Solution.aspx

Hope this helps!

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 8:11 AM
    Answerer