none
Trouble identifying new messages RRS feed

• Question

• When I go to a forum, such as the Expression Design forum, only new threads are highlighted. It would be great if a thread was highlighted when a message is posted to an existing thread. Is this possible?
    Annie
    Thursday, February 28, 2008 6:35 PM

Answers

• One of our developers got this feature done today that I'm excited about.

You'll see a new filter item when viewing threads next to the "No Replies" filter item called "New Messages". This will give a list of threads with new messages you haven't seen yet. So you'll get a list of threads that you have not read at all and threads that have new posts in it since you last looked at the thread. Threads you have never looked at will still be shown in bold.

We're planning a release of our new code around the end of the month after a bit more testing.

Sam Jarawan STO Forums Senior Development Lead
    Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:34 AM

All replies

• I fully agree with Annie
    it should be easy to view what are the new answers to a thread
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:58 AM
  • We’re looking at adding a filter that would show you only messages which have new posts since you last logged in. Would that work for you?
    Andrew Brenner, Forums Product Planner
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 4:00 PM
  • for me it would be good if that is possible and that we keep the possibility (show all threads )only when we want to

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 9:44 PM
  • One of our developers got this feature done today that I'm excited about.

You'll see a new filter item when viewing threads next to the "No Replies" filter item called "New Messages". This will give a list of threads with new messages you haven't seen yet. So you'll get a list of threads that you have not read at all and threads that have new posts in it since you last looked at the thread. Threads you have never looked at will still be shown in bold.

We're planning a release of our new code around the end of the month after a bit more testing.

Sam Jarawan STO Forums Senior Development Lead
    Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:34 AM