Mediation Service could not be started RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi!, I have deployed OCS 2007  on a Windows 2003 structure. I integrated it with my media gateway and Exchange UM. It worked fine until now, I'm recieving this message when I try to start mediation service:

Mediation Server service could not be started.

Exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007200A)
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
    at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Wmi.WmiConsumer.get_Msft_SipMediationServerSetting()
    at Microsoft.RTC.MediationServerCore.Configuration.InitializeFromWMI()
    at Microsoft.RTC.MediationServerCore.Configuration.Initialize()
    at Microsoft.RTC.MediationServerCore.Server.OnStart()
    Cause: Internal error or a previous failure.
    Resolution:
    Examine the details of this event log entry and any other previous failures to determine the potential cause.

I don't know what can I do, it went this way on its own and I found nothing on the web, please help me!

Regards

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 5:46 PM

Answers

• Are there any other event log messages before or after this which are associated in any way?

Also, check that the service account hasn't been locked or has an expired password.  It's usually a different error, but that is worth looking at.  Also, very your certificate is still valid (again a long shot, but doesn't hurt to check).

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:08 PM

All replies

• Are there any other event log messages before or after this which are associated in any way?

Also, check that the service account hasn't been locked or has an expired password.  It's usually a different error, but that is worth looking at.  Also, very your certificate is still valid (again a long shot, but doesn't hurt to check).

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:08 PM
  •  

It was that, it seems the service was configured to start with the local system account, instead of the RTC account of its own, I changed it and it worked, thank you very much!
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:57 PM