CRM 2011 FetchXML funnel chart ordering RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom entity that I created and one of the fields I created in CRM 2011 was a Status Reason type field with the following values:
    Pending (Value = 13)
    Submitting (Value = 1)
    Interviewing (Value = 11)
    Interviewed (Value = 12)
    Waiting On Customer (Vaue = 8)

There are a few others but these are the majority used on records in the system.  When I create a funnel chart they are ordered by value so the records are ordered with Submitting on top, Waiting on Customer (2nd), Interviewing (3rd), etc...  What I want to be able to do is force an order by where I tell it I want Pending first, submitting second, interviewing 3rd, interviewed 4th, and waiting on customer 5th.  I haven't been able to find a way to order by a case statement.  I also tried to enter multiple fetch collections but the system didn't like the multiple fetch's when i would try to import the report.  Adding an <order attribute> clause didn't seem to work as it continues to order everything by value.  The only way I was able to make this work was change the labels around, but I'm thinking there has to be a way to feed the system some sort of case clause to order by a predetermined value.

Here is part of my fetchXML:
    <fetchcollection>
            <fetch mapping="logical" aggregate="true">
              <entity name="pafo_submittal">
                <attribute alias="aggregate_column" name="statuscode" aggregate="count" />
                <attribute name="statuscode" alias="statuscode" groupby="true"/>
              </entity>
            </fetch>
          </fetchcollection>

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:43 PM

Answers

• There is no way to do that other than depending on the label names or defining custom attributes with the desired ordering and have them populate using plugin.

Thanks

Abhishek Agarwal MSFT
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 10:06 AM