[MSN] Portfolio manager RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to load my MSN Money Portfolio Mgr, I get an error message that reads:

There was a problem with the online service. Click O.K. to refresh and see the last Known data.  "

When I click the o.k. it doesn't fix anything.  Help, don't want to loose years of data.

Sunday, December 14, 2014 7:42 AM

All replies

• I am having the same error message.  I just got off the phone with microsoft and MSN technical support and they referred me back to this website.  They weren't able to help.  I also have 15 years of transactions recored and don't want to lose all my information.  I wish I would have printed them out prior to MSN portfolio mgr. crashing.  I thought we had to Dec. 22nd.

Have you found any solution? 

Monday, December 15, 2014 4:24 PM
  • Having the same issue. There's suddenly no transactions appearing in Portfolio Manager. I have years of transactions stored on the Portfolio Manager. What is going on? I tried to transfer the portfolio over as instructed hoping that would help, but nothing seemed to transfer...  Please I need access to Portfolio Manager/transaction info, if only briefly to print it out. 
    Monday, December 15, 2014 5:06 PM
  • Let's hope MS has an answer.  You can't transfer what you can't see.
    Monday, December 15, 2014 5:44 PM
  • Any word on this yet - Has it been solved? thx
    Tuesday, December 16, 2014 4:56 PM
  • I've had the same problem.  I would like the ability to download my portfolio & transactions so I can transfer the info.
    Wednesday, December 17, 2014 3:13 AM
  • I have used MSN Portfolio Manger for years.  I went through the change to Silverlight, the authorization problems, the blank data columns, etc.  Now it will be gone Dec 22 or perhaps already gone.  I am sorry to see it go. I wish I could export my trnsactions to a file I can save  -,qif or even a text file would be useful.

I have been checking out alternates:   www.

aaii.com/computerizedinvesting/article/the-top-online-portfolio-trackers

Morningstar has almost all the useful customization capabilities of the old Portfolio Manager and more.  I can print & export files  -and it's free.  Fortunately I've saved paper files & can recreate my portfolio.  I hope I won't have to put up with all the unpredictable changes of MSN Portfolio anymore.  Morningstar understands investors & their needs.

• Proposed as answer by Paul J Kramer Wednesday, December 17, 2014 4:20 AM
    Wednesday, December 17, 2014 4:19 AM
  • Its back up,  no link to migrate your data yet.
    Friday, December 19, 2014 4:50 PM
  • Even when you can import your data - it puts it into a watch list but none of your transactions come over - NO DETAIL every purchase, every dividend reinvest, all of it… without the detail. Can / will we get the detail exported to something /anything?

Saturday, December 20, 2014 4:03 AM
  • Saturday, December 20, 2014 4:07 AM
  • I import msn stock quotes into excel using "Import Data" option under the web tab. It worked smoothly for years, but recently has intermittent problems.  This year, I had to split the import into 2, apparently there was a limit on the number of stocks to be imported.  Today it won't link, and asks me to sign in to msn.  Signing in doesn't help.

This is a very useful app. But I need something I can rely on. If anyone has found a solution, I would much appreciate help

thanks

Monday, December 22, 2014 5:16 PM