none
Problems running WMI, error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all!  I have an issue with a third party vendor and they are asking me to produce the results from WMIDiag.  I downloaded WMI Diagnosis Utility 2.0 from Microsoft and unzipped the 3 files.  When I try to run WMIDiag.vbs, the command prompt will flash on the screen for a moment, and then disappear.  No logs are created in the %temp% folder, as they are supposed to.  I've tried: opening from Windows Explorer, running from Command Prompt, run as local administrator, run as domain administrator, run in Safe Mode, etc.  I can't seem to get this tool to work.

One bit of detail...if I just double click the WMIDiag.vbs through Windows Explorer I get a series of three message boxes.  They are:

Message Box 1 Title: “(WMIDiag 2.0) Information”

Your default scripting engine is WSCRIPT.EXE.

Therefore WMIDiag will not produce any echo!

The script will continue automatically in 40 second(s) and run silently in the background.

To see WMIDiag script activity on the screen, at the prompt, type:

Cscript.Exe //H:Cscript

Message Box 2 Title: “(WMIDiag 2.0) Error”

(Create TextFile): 0x1A8 – Object required

Message Box 3 Title: “(WMIDiag 2.0) Error!”

(Main) : LOG file “C:\DOCUMENT AND SETTINGS\SVC>EAWEBMAN.APGR\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMP\WMIDIAG-V2.0_2003_.SRV.RTM.32_APGRC2RDG-WEB01_2009.07.14_10.37.58.LOG” CANNOT be created.

If any one can help me solve this problem, I'll buy you a virtual beer!  Much thanks!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:46 PM

Answers

All replies