cannot find my name in "software engineering" RRS feed

• Question

• 2 weeks ago i was ranked 131 in the "last 5 years" section of "software engineering" of academic.research.microsoft.com and my G/H indexes were 24 and 18.

now i am ranked 6080 and my G and H indexes are 9 and 8

also, the site says that now i have only 2 in domain citations- and this last number i know is wrong

so is there a scripting error somewhere?

t

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:49 PM

Answers

• hi, Tim, your record is back to normal,  thanks again for reporting this issue.
    • Marked as answer by xinz [msft] Wednesday, November 3, 2010 12:55 PM
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 12:53 PM

All replies

• hi, Tim, sorry about the confusion.  we frequently test our new author integration algorithms.   we took a newer build of the algorithm last week, overall, we saw little change in our 5M authors,  but there are some odd cases we're looking into,  your case is one of them.

could you do us a favor and send us a link about a paper from you which was under your name 2 weeks ago, but absent right now? 

thanks.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:05 AM
  • hi, Tim,  we had tracked down the bug.  We're in the process of verifying the fix and doing more regression test.  If all goes well, your missing papers will re-appear early next week.

Thanks for letting us know about this problem,  we appreciate your patience while we are fixing the root cause.

Thursday, October 28, 2010 5:07 AM
  • hi, Tim, your record is back to normal,  thanks again for reporting this issue.
    • Marked as answer by xinz [msft] Wednesday, November 3, 2010 12:55 PM
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 12:53 PM
  • sorry to be a pest but i'm still ranked now at 6080 with 2 in domain citations (when before i was up at 138)

this is strange since according to the acm portal (which does not cover all my papers), i have 298 citations (please see http://portal.acm.org/author_page.cfm?id=81100132017&coll=DL&dl=ACM&trk=0&cfid=110156001&cftoken=95397643 )

now some of those 298 are self citations, sure, but not 296 of them

so can you please double check my entry again?

regards,

t

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 8:47 PM
  • Hi, something similar to Tim has happened to me in the last couple of weeks. After I did some editing (e.g. uploading a .bib file of my publications, adding abstracts to some of the publications already present, pointing out that some of the publications ascribed to myself were actually by a homonym of mine, etc.) most of my publications have disappeared from my "profile", and with them the citations they received. What happened?

Thanks, and keep up with the good work! 

Fabrizio Sebastiani, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche

Friday, November 12, 2010 5:25 PM
  • i'm now back, ranked low hundreds so thanks for the fix

but i notice that there are now TWO tim menzies: one from WVU and one from my old days at NASA.

can these two entries be fused into one?

thanks!

t

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 1:49 PM
  • still got one small problem- there are now TWO tim menzies entries: one for wvu and one for my old NASA days. can the NASA entry be purged and its counts added to the wvu entry?

thanks!

t

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 1:53 PM
  • Hi Tim,

Thank you for your information, we are fixing your issue, please check back later.

Microsoft Academic Search Team
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:55 AM