Front End Service Won't Start RRS feed

• Question

• I get the below error message when the FE service tries to start for the first time. All .ldf files were moved from one folder path to another by our db admins if that has any bearning.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: OCS Server
    Event Category: (1000)
    Event ID: 12304
    Date:  5/24/2007
    Time:  11:44:06 AM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: OCS1
    Description:
    The component Live Communications User Services (application: Default) reported a critical error: code C3EE7D3D (SQL server cross database chaining option is disabled for either rtc or rtcdyn database. This may be caused by attaching or restoring an existing database. Since this condition causes performance issues, service will be stopped and will not start until the problem is resolved.

Resolution:
    Please enable cross database chaining option (using "sp_dboption '<dbname>', 'db chaining', TRUE") for both rtc and rtcdyn databases and restart the service.). The service has to stop.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 6:58 PM

Answers

• You can not move the locations of the .ldf files without changing the location in OCS 2007 Pool Configuration.  You can do this by using the command line lcscmd or if you are on a Enterprise you can run the create Pool wizard again using the current Pool settings and it will give you the options to change your log and data path files.

Let me know if this helps.

Louis H

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 10:24 PM

All replies

• I have been trying to find more information about your issue and am still looking. Can you give a status of your current configuration? Have you found a solution? If so, can you share it with the forums. If not, please let us know.

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 8:38 PM
  • You can not move the locations of the .ldf files without changing the location in OCS 2007 Pool Configuration.  You can do this by using the command line lcscmd or if you are on a Enterprise you can run the create Pool wizard again using the current Pool settings and it will give you the options to change your log and data path files.

Let me know if this helps.

Louis H

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 10:24 PM