Am I missing Something or is This a BUG? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

Let me see if I have this correct...

You have several websites authorized in our tools. Are these sites running off the same server/ ip address?

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:22 PM

All replies

• You have almost 100% duplicate content between all five of these websites.  I wouldn't be surprised to discover that MSN bot's query of one website with the key of another is a result of the duplicate content.  I would also expect that you will soon see the same sort of thing happen for the three other sites you mention.

... Duane

Monday, September 22, 2008 3:48 PM
  •  

Your joking right?

There are alot of "Red Ford Pickup Trucks" the same key does not start them all.

You don't take credit cards on your web sites do you? Because I would hate to hear "Well that last transaction was on Visa so that's why you got their charges as well as yours"

Content has NOTHING to do with confusion ;-)

Monday, September 22, 2008 5:32 PM
  • So, what's to stop someone from getting a key for your website?  This would presumably result in a query using that key that would not validate, which is what you are observing.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:46 AM
  •  Duane Schermerhorn wrote:

So, what's to stop someone from getting a key for your website?  This would presumably result in a query using that key that would not validate, which is what you are observing.

The WRONG Key, if you read my post is/was created and used by me for another web site. So Someone in this case is ME, and that key is NOT being used accidentally by me.

Get it?

Additonally, Microsoft won't issue a key to someone for a web site that already has a key, so, since I have the WRONG key that is being used by Microsoft ("Not someone else") in a Query, and the files with the Keys are read only, two things would need to happen.

1. Somone would need to FAKE a query to my web site using the Microsoft Domain webmaster.live.com ("See Initial Post"), and also know to use a WRONG key, that I happen to use on another web site

FYI: After a long investigation, that took..., well I ruled that out

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 3:08 AM
  • Hi,

Let me see if I have this correct...

You have several websites authorized in our tools. Are these sites running off the same server/ ip address?

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:22 PM
  • Yes But.

1. Nobody else gets confused, It is very very normal to have shared IP address for hosting.

2. I have a total of 5 Sites on that Same IP address, the other 4 have been fine and also use your tools.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 12:18 AM