locked
IE error window in CRM 4.0, rollup21, IE9 with Outlook 2010 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Some of our users are experiencing a strange and annoying problem. Sometimes, when we open e.g. a customer card we recieve an IE error dialogue. This might also happen when we close the card. This only occurs to some users, and only from time to time. The problem is more frequent when running CRM with Outlook (2010), but it also occurs when using CRM in the browser. The eventlog writes the following error that I have translated to english here below:

    The error occurred in the application with the name: iexplore.exe, version
    9.0.8112.16450, timestamp 0x503723f6

    ,the error occurred in the module with the name: mscoree.dll_unloaded, version 0.0.0.0, timestamp
    0x4b90752b

    Exception:
    0xc0000005

    Fault displacement:
    0x6ffbca84

    Process-ID:
    0x2390

    program start time:
    0x01cda553e821715f

    Path to program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet
    Explorer\iexplore.exe

    Path to module:
    mscoree.dll

    Report-ID:
    28c0615f-1147-11e2-b14a-fa883c5f6580

    The problem seems to be bound to users rather than machines, since I can run multiple users on one machine, but only one of the users will experience any issues. Googling for the exception error and the dll, I have tried to run SFC /SCANNOW. I have tried repairing the .NET installation. I have cleared the users profile. I have tested it on several machines. I've rolled back to IE8, rolled back the CRM-client to rollup 20 (also on the server). I've tried resetting all IE settings to default values, even after uninstalling IE9. Problem remains. Our CRM-partner is unable to help us any further so I hope that someone has been experiencing similar issues and knows how to fix it. You may notice that the above error-log comes from a 64-bit computer. But I have also tested on 32-bit machines, but to no avail. We are almost certain that this issue started after upgrading to IE9. However, since the issue remains even after downgradingm we can't say for sure. Looking at the AD accounts and CRM-user settings we can't find any differences between working accounts and those that experience this issue.

    Monday, October 15, 2012 9:28 AM

All replies

  • mscoree.dll is a .net file needed for excecution.

    Using a different user on the same workstation could indicate that the new "Profile" created on that machine using another account created the file relationship structure to communicate with the dll files that support the .net platform.

    I'm glad you used the SFC function but sometimes that does not return the results we expected.   Since the dll would be referenced in the Registry hive, try cleaning up that with the various tools available and also run a .net fix.    Upgrades of "anything" are often the cause of issues if something is note just right.  "that's why we have so many installation logs now".

    I'm sorry your VAR is not available to help you  , but this seems to be in the substructure area.


    Curtis J Spanburgh

    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:31 PM
    Moderator