Taking long time to valiade user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed HPC Server trail version on Windows 2008 Operating System four weeks back and i was able to submit jobs without any problem.

However, from last one week, whenever i try to submit job to HPC Server, it is giving problem with the user's authentication.

When i click on 'submit' button in 'New Job' submission wizards, it opens 'Submitting job' dialog box with 'Please wait for validation' message and never submits job to the Management service.

I have attached the screen shot of the error for your reference. I request you to kindly check this and let me know, in case there is any configuration problems.

Thanks,

Murali
    Monday, March 2, 2009 3:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Murali,
    Validation actually refers to the scheduler check the job (does it fall within Job Template limits, is the min <= max, etc...) not authenticating the user.  A hang during this may be due to any number of things.

Could you send me the screenshot (jbarnard AT microsoft DOT com)?  Also, please let me know what version you are running on the head node (just run "cluscfg view" to get the server version)?

Thanks,
    Josh
    -Josh
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:50 PM