problem with windows 7 installation RRS feed

• Question

• While i was installing windows 7 from a usb, it went through the installations, and then restarted as expected, but after the restart, it went and installed on the partition again, which i thought was weird. And so i waited, and it installed, and restarted, and installed. So to stop the loop, i pulled out the flash drive it was installing from and now no OS will start up. the options i have tried all options available but nothing has worked. "choose an OS to start or press tab to select a tool," i have tested all the OS available, windows 7 and windows vista. When i select windows 7, it goes to safe mode, safe with networking, safe with command prompt, start normally, they all result in a restart. I have also used the tools windows memory diagnostic and ramdisk device options, but none would start up an OS. so i end up restarting. I have tried booting from a CD and that only led to the same options.

what options do i have left? i have also tried booting from usb again but i end up going to "choose an OS to start, or select a tool"

Sunday, June 6, 2010 9:15 PM

Answers