Link in WHS OS Help files send me to virus RRS feed

• Question

• After years of faithful service from my Acer H340 and WHS, I experienced a hardware failure (power supply). I picked up a factory refurb, successfully reinstalled WHS with Power Pack 3, all shares, and all clients. I wanted to find updated anti-virus software. On the Windows Home Server Settings Tab/Resourses, I thought I would check out what the server community is doing, so under the Learn More area I clicked on the Windows Home Server Community link. To my surprise, it took me to a link where an intrusion attempt was (fortunately) blocked by my NAV!   Has anyone else experienced this issue? I briefly searched through the known issues area but could not find anything (although I could have missed something).  Anyone of you Microsoft moderators familiar with this?  Can someone point me to an area where I can review current AV for WHS? Any favorites??  Thanks in advance... kinda gets scary when a MS link SENDS you to a VIRUS!
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 5:29 PM

All replies

• Since Windows Home Server is no longer supported by Microsoft, also other companies do not support the product regularly any longer (if they ever did) - this includes the makers of Antivirus software. Anyway, as long as you do not use WHS as surf station or workplace, client security should cover all, especially if you extend it to network files on the shares. (The Acer does better anyway without a CPU burdening virus scanner.)

The closed support may have also caused the link mentioned go dead and the search engine on your computer may have offered something else instead, which lead you to your intrusion site. If this was a false warning or not, I cannot tell.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Thursday, August 4, 2016 12:47 PM