Aim hijacked my address bar. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Well, i downloaded aim like... 2 months ago.  now(Im lucky i got here.) i can't even get to any website.  I type in (example) onemanga.com  and it goes str8 to aim search results for onemanga.com and i click the link and it goes str8 to a page searching for "aim.search.aol.com".  I had to search for microsoft help and luckily it didn't just research randomly.  The only sites i can go to are aol.com and aim.com. all others i type in take me directly to aim search. 

I have uninstalled aim and aol and scanned my cpu for viruses, etc.  I had no viruses and all the ____ is out of my computer.  It still will not let me go anywhere. I have no aim or aol add-ons in my computer. i have uninstalled everything and cleared the recycle bin.  I have removed anything related to aim or aol from the control panel but Aim STILL continues to hijack my url/address bar.  It is NOT an Aim or Aol search bar, It is the adress bar that is standard with internet explorer 7. It CANNOT be taken off by right clicking the top of the window @ the bars. help! i can't get anywhere online!
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Friday, July 31, 2009 1:49 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Friday, July 31, 2009 1:51 PM Off topic. (From:Scanning, Detecting, and Removing Threats)
    Friday, July 31, 2009 11:56 AM

All replies