Another but different trial period question RRS feed

• Question

• I've seen several questions regarding the 120 day trial, but this is different. I installed WHS and all of the updates, PP2 etc, only about 10 days ago and my license is in route. When I performed the install, I did not put in a key number, and I have NOT activated, thus, I get the thirty day clock ticking down. Will I be able to use my legit license key within the first thirty days, or will I have to reinstall anyway?
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 4:59 PM

Answers

• I've seen several questions regarding the 120 day trial, but this is different. I installed WHS and all of the updates, PP2 etc, only about 10 days ago and my license is in route. When I performed the install, I did not put in a key number, and I have NOT activated, thus, I get the thirty day clock ticking down. Will I be able to use my legit license key within the first thirty days, or will I have to reinstall anyway?

The evaluation copy is timebombed to expire after a 120 days and the OEM PIDs will not work with the eval copy. You will need to do a server reinstall which will only wipe the sys partition but keep your data intact. Please see this FAQ.

Thanks!
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 5:30 PM