OCS Protocol Stack Event ID 14502 on OCS 2007 R2 Edge Server RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting the following error on my Edge server and it seems to pop up about every 3 hours.  As far as I can tell, everything is working fine (PIC, Live Meeting, External IM, Federation).  I read one post that said these were safe to ignore.  However, it's almost to the point that it's spamming my event log.  I'm not seeing this error on my Director or FE server.

Here's the error:

A significant number of connection failures have occurred with remote server federation.messenger.msn.com IP 64.4.9.181. There have been 162 failures in the last 326 minutes. There have been a total of 16180 failures.

The specific failure types and their counts are identified below.
    Instance count - Failure Type
    10137 8007274C
    6041 80072746
    2 80072749
    This can be due to credential issues, DNS, firewalls or proxies. The specific failure types above should identify the problem.

Running the errors through lcserror gives me the following for those specific error codes:
    lcserror 8007274C
    0x8007274C ->  (System) A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection faile d because connected host has failed to respond.

lcserror 80072746
    0x80072746 ->  (System) An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

lcserror 80072749
    0x80072749 ->  (System) A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a send to call) no address was supplied.

Any Thoughts,
    Thanks,
    Rich

Rich Getteau
    Monday, September 28, 2009 9:29 PM

All replies

• hi
    Per your description, although the error occured on your edge server, but everything is working fine.
    I have do some research from the cases that MS has resovled, there are some cusomters run into the same issue, it seems no effected to their system.
    It looks to be an issue with the firewall and open the idle connections to the PIC providers.
    And if there are users with non-provisioned domain were enalbed FOR PIC, the issue may be happen.

Regards!
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 8:31 AM
  • Event ID 14502 can be ignored from federation.messeger.msn.com, if the number of errors reported are fewer.

In your case, please check your server, and see your routing, it may be possible that the routing is asymmetrical.

Saturday, October 10, 2009 3:35 AM