none
10777A Lab01 ETL ERROR RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My question is about the course 10777A that I'm preparing for the BI certification.

In the Lab01--Exercice 2--Task 2 : Run the ETL staging process

I have an error when I'm Debugging the package Stage Data.dtsx and I'm expecting if someone can help me.

Thank you

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 10:24 PM

Answers

• The Task2 in Lab1 simply runs the .dtsx package that was provided for you. This should proceed without errors unless there is a problem with the external requirements of the package. Maybe the data files are in the wrong path, or perhaps one of the databases has not been properly set up, or the permissions are not correct. In the same way as you debug any software development, you can debug a dtsx package. Start by reading carefully the content of the error message that you get; this is often enough to determine the cause of the error. Otherwise, you can execute individually each task in the package to see how they behave (and which error messages are displayed). You can also set breakpoints and or view the data that is flowing thorugh your Data Flows. Unfortunately, all of this is taught later in the course and you won't yet know it if you are still in module 1. At this point, my recommendation would be to carefully review your setup. Ensure that all the lab files are in their default locations, and make sure that you run the Setup process with administrative privileges as instructed at the beginning of Exercise 1.

If everything else fails, there are instructions for contacting technical support at the beginning of the instructor manual for the course (you are the instructor, aren't you? Otherwise you should pose this question to your instructor and have him or her fix the lab for you -- 10777A is an instructor-led course, not a self-study material).

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 7:11 AM