Microsoft Equip to One Care? RRS feed

• Question

• I had Microsoft Equip (one Care was part of this suite) which is being phased out in April. I love One Care because of the easy use and printer sharing. Can I buy One care as my Anti virus? I see this will be phased out soon too but I want to use it as long as possible. Any suggestions?
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:48 PM

Answers

• One Care can be purchased through June 30, 2009 and will be fully supported through the end of 2010.
    Jim
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:01 PM

All replies

• One Care can be purchased through June 30, 2009 and will be fully supported through the end of 2010.
    Jim
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:01 PM
  • So i uninstall all equip stuff including old one care and reinstall new one care once purchased?
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:27 PM
  • Yes, that's what you can do. I would suggest using a different LiveID when activating the OneCare subscription since the Equipt subscription is already on your account now. If you only have one LiveID, you can get a new one during the activation process or go to http://account.live.com and get one beforehand.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:04 PM
  • juli_70 said:

So i uninstall all equip stuff including old one care and reinstall new one care once purchased?

Also, please be sure you've gotten your new copy of Office first to replace the one provided within Equipt, since this will no longer work after the Equipt uninstall.

Are they providing you with a physical copy of the Office Home and Student media or simply a product key you can use to enable your exiting installation?

OneCareBear
    Windows OneCare Forum Moderator
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 7:53 PM