Windows Server 2003 - Network Internet Page Load Problem RRS feed

• Question

• We just took over for another support group for a client in our area. In doing so we haven't received any network setup notes and we've spent a lot of time trying to investigate the configuration of the network.

The problem that we are facing is that after some recent server work (install SQL 2008 on the DNS server, resized the 2 paritions on the terminal server, and installed a 3rd party program) the end users on the network are experiencing some internet browsing problems. User's explanation is as follows:

"When opening up the internet browser (IE or Firefox) the homepage (regardless of what it is) takes forever to load. Sometimes it loads in HTML format and is only fixed by a refresh or two then it loads right up. Same thing when trying to go to a new page within the same open browser. Though when returning to a web page that has already been visited within that same browser window, the page will load right up as it should without any problems and/or hesitation. Email images are also taking longer to load."

This problem has been pretty consistent since the server work was done. Dual server environment, Cisco Firewall hardware, with Sophos AV and firewall enterprise environment. There is one constant system event log error on the terminal server as DCOM which I've found to be pesky yet irrelevant to the problem. Though one error that I've found that seems to be relevant is a Network Load Balancing error that is logged upon startup right before login. If more information is needed then I'd be happy to provide it on a limited basis but I would most definitely appreciate any advice that anyone might be able to give me at this point. Thanks!
    • Moved by Brent Serbus Wednesday, December 16, 2009 5:38 AM not sure where this should go (From:Forums Issues (not product support))
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 8:34 PM

Answers