none
My posts are being messed with. RRS feed

• Question

•     This is very frustrating.  I seem to be having 3 problems with my posts, and all 3 show up in my most recent attempt.  Please help me track them down.  I have read the references generated by the website, and none apply.  Please track down a post by techniq1 (me) that was recently responded to on 9/2 or 9/3 by Afzal Taher concerning credentials.  Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted my Windows Live Alert (even from my deleted folder) and I can no longer find the link.

1)    MY post was deleted twice.  Once it was deleted, then mysteriously came back again.  That’s when Afzal responded to it.  Someone (I believe her first name was Lisa) marked it as an answer, but it was only a partial answer.  I unmarked it as answered, and posted a reply to Afzal clarifying my remaining questions.  I was having other problem (see below), but I viewed it and everything seemed OK.  When I went back to see if it was getting seen, it was gone again.  It not only isn’t listed in “My treads”, I doesn’t seem to exist at all.  I can’t even find it if I search under my username, techniq1, although I can find all my other threads that way.

2)    I often get “unexpected error” when I am trying to post.  Then I get sent a screen that says the system is down for maintenance.  This may be causing my disappearing I usually post during the evening.  Is there that much maintenance to be done?  Is there a good time to post to avoid that?  This “unexpected error” occurred both times before my post was deleted, but it is also true that sometime later I was also able to view my post intact before the deletion happened.

3)    What can I do to prevent some third person from declaring my question as answered when it is not?

Sunday, September 5, 2010 6:40 PM

Answers

• The scheduled notification messages will be a big yellow ugly looking block across the top of the forums.

Community Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by techniq1 Tuesday, September 7, 2010 5:06 AM
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 4:21 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• For the deleted problem etc, you should include the url to the thread you are describing and we may be able to help you. There is a chance of some replication issue that we'll look into.

For the 2nd problem, sometimes users get unexpected error but the post still goes through, leading people to think it wasn't actually posted. Until we can address those problems, if you get that error when posting, F5 (refresh) to see if the thread actually was posted.  The maintenace message happens once a month for a few hours, we usually post a notice during the entire week letting users know when this is happening to help people plan ahead.

Re: #3...any moderator in the system can mark an answer. If you don't think it is an answer you are free to unmark it.

• Marked as answer by techniq1 Monday, September 6, 2010 5:12 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by techniq1 Monday, September 6, 2010 5:21 PM
    Monday, September 6, 2010 4:59 AM
    Answerer
  • I don't have the URL, as I said in my original message.  I was hoping you could refer it to Afzal Taher.  I will repost the whole thing and hope that he takes it up again, since there seems to be no other way.

I got site maintenance screens long enough for me to have to give up twice last week.  I can understand there being occasional unscheduled maintenance actions, but either there are a lot of them or I am very unlucky at stumbling accross them.  I have never seen the maintenance notification.  Where do I look for it?

Monday, September 6, 2010 5:21 PM
  • The scheduled notification messages will be a big yellow ugly looking block across the top of the forums.

• Marked as answer by techniq1 Tuesday, September 7, 2010 5:06 AM
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 4:21 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks!  I subconsciously ignore things that are intended to attract my intention.  I assume they are commercials.  I'll now watch for the ugly yellow block.
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 5:09 AM