What is the correct procedure to upgrade an existing CRM 3.0 server? Thanks! RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

Currently we have CRM 3.0 installed on a Windows Server 2003 with SQL Server 2000/SP4, Reporting Services 2.0/SP2. We also have SharePoint services 2.0 installed on the same physical server that use SQL Server 2000.

What is the correct procedure to upgrade an existing CRM 3.0 server? Thanks!

Here is my plan:

1) Upgrade from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005

-- Do I need to upgrade Reporting Services after SQL Server is upgraded or it is just one step?

2) Upgrade CRM 3.0 to 4.0

3) Upgrade Exchange routing

Will SharePoint Services 2.0 work ok with SQL server 2005?

Thanks

Jim

Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:09 AM

Answers

• Dear Jim,

I have written on article how you can do best for upgradation, known issues while doing upgrade. So far there are not good to know whats best approach, but only way is

1. Take back first

2. See your unsupported customization, callouts, custom assemblies etc

3. See your exchange router on this.. this is manually set you have to do after upgrade

4. See ms crm 4.0 implementation guide have mentioned upgradation. ready it carefully

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:53 AM

All replies

• Dear Jim,

I have written on article how you can do best for upgradation, known issues while doing upgrade. So far there are not good to know whats best approach, but only way is

1. Take back first

2. See your unsupported customization, callouts, custom assemblies etc

3. See your exchange router on this.. this is manually set you have to do after upgrade

4. See ms crm 4.0 implementation guide have mentioned upgradation. ready it carefully

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:53 AM
  •  

dear Jim

Dear Jim the above mentioned post is so fine..

cause there are some customizations that you must have in your crm3 nad certains customized reports that might have issues in migration from old system to new system..

well what i recommend is that first you must test all the things on your test Environment. and then do all the stuff..

as far as your reporting services are concerned you will have to change the Report sever using the deployment tool or what ever the scenerio will be..you will be needing to upgrade the report Services.test it all on your test Lab.and then have a go.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:34 AM