Batch Video File Conversions RRS feed

• Question

• Are there any programs/ addins that will take a folder of ripped DVDs and convert them automatically to say WMV or AVi files so i can stream to my Xbox without transcoding on the fly or having a WMS in the mix? My thoughts were like a service running that moniters a folder and when a TS folder was droped in it would automatically start converting and drop the finished file into my shared video folder. Sounds good at least :)... Thanks

Mike
    Friday, November 20, 2009 10:34 PM

All replies

• I would be interested in that as well.  Instead I have been doing that manually.  I rip them to a location on the Home Server and use Handbrake to transcode them to MP4 (using the PS3 profile at 2.5Gbps).  I have it write that out to the Videos folder on the WHS too.  But again, this is manual.

On the plus side, no real-time transcoding is needed.  I am able to stream these well to my Xbox 360 and PS3 at home as well as over WebGuide using the web site interface.
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 11:06 PM
  • Does handbrake work well? What exactly is WebGuide and how does it work? Right now i've used Nero and a couple other to change them to mp4 and just use the xbox video blade to play the videos over gigabyte LAN, no on the fly trans coding or WMC needed. One thing i hate is there isnt any Metadata or fanart displayed over the LAN. If i could figure out how to display that i would really be happy :)..  Thanks

Mike
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 4:37 PM