none
Insert Picture Option Has Changed ?!?!

Question

• We just installed Windows 7 on a user's PC last week.  This person is our blog writer so just like always on a new install (previously it was Vista before this) I went ahead and installed Windows Live Writer.  I did not notice though until this user brought it up, that the insert picture dialog box seemed to have changed?

Before this user was able to select "for web" or from the file system.  But now in Windows 7 it just browses to the file system.

So what can we do about this issue?  Is this due to Windows 7 or a Live Writer UI change?

The problem is I'm no longer able to insert a picture  (from web) via URL.  I'm forced to get a pic from my file system now only.

For me it's a no issue/workaround as I can just add the HTML manually.  However for a user it's a BIG problem as she's not able to insert her own pictures into her blog posts referenced via URL instead of the file system.  She's inserting images based on URLs to images on our e-commerce website and if she can't do this easily as she was able to do before, this is a problem for us. 

It really makes Live Writer look bad in terms of usability and this should be at the top of your list to fix before you add any more nifty features going forward.

C# Web Developer
    Monday, January 18, 2010 2:59 PM

All replies