Event Mangement on A hosted Environment and web calls RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

I have successfully installed the event management acc on a tenant of out hosted platform, the plug in register ran and all is well. However when trying to connect to it via the sample portal I get two errors.
    1. i get an access denied if the user i am using is not a deployment administrator, obviously in our security architecture i cannot have multiple users as deployment admins.
    2. when i do use the deployment admin user details in web.config i get the following error

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 35: int intSoldOutStatusCode = 200001;
    Line 36: //now, let's try and get the default codes from the cache
    Line 37: intOpenStatusCode = int.Parse(Cache["msa.EventManagement.OpenStatusCode"].ToString());
    Line 38: intWaitlistStatusCode = int.Parse(Cache["msa.EventManagement.WaitlistStatusCode"].ToString());
    Line 39: intSoldOutStatusCode = int.Parse(Cache["msa.EventManagement.SoldOutStatusCode"].ToString());

Source File: d:\CRM\Accelerators\EventManagement\Sample Portal\Controls\EventListing.ascx.cs Line: 37

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    Registration_EventListing.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\CRM\Accelerators\EventManagement\Sample Portal\Controls\EventListing.ascx.cs:37
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +33
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

now i initially thought it could be to do with the eventmanagement systems settings, however I have double checked these and they match exactly the settings within my sand pit "on site" environment.

Does anyone know what the issue could be

thanks

Allan
    http://allanvirtualitbiz.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 2:46 PM

All replies

• The accelerators are supported by Microsoft, so if you have a Microsoft support contract, they will support them along with CRM.  You may also want to post something on the accelerator page at codeplex, the developers check that and will answer questions.

Thursday, April 9, 2009 10:53 AM
  • Hi Joel

thanks for your reply, however having spoken to Microsoft they actually only support the accelerators on an on-premise installations which is extremely annoying!

I was hoping that someone here more knowledgable than my self would have the answers, however so far it seems that no one has!

cheers anyway

Allan
    http://allanvirtualitbiz.blogspot.com
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 3:17 PM