I lost a user account. RRS feed

• Question

• I was playing arouind in whs via remote desktop. Somehow i deleted a user account.
    It is gone from whs controller. The folders are there for the user name but not the user.
    How do i get it back
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:34 AM

All replies

• annetrans said:

I was playing arouind in whs via remote desktop. Somehow i deleted a user account.
    It is gone from whs controller. The folders are there for the user name but not the user.
    How do i get it back

Please explain in detail exactly what you did and what the situation currently is.  You didn't get enough info.  (Although, be prepared for the answer "You don't".)
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:55 AM
  • I relay dont know what i did . I was loged onro the whs with remote desktop and was in some place i should not have been. I dont know exactly where. Somewhere that has to with user accounts.
    I loge off remore desktop and went into the whe controller.
    The user account "ray" was gone but the folder for "ray was still there.
    I tried to set another user account as "ray" but i get an error that the accounts already exists.
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:59 AM
  • annetrans said:

I relay dont know what i did . I was loged onro the whs with remote desktop and was in some place i should not have been. I dont know exactly where. Somewhere that has to with user accounts.
    I loge off remore desktop and went into the whe controller.
    The user account "ray" was gone but the folder for "ray was still there.
    I tried to set another user account as "ray" but i get an error that the accounts already exists.

Oh I thought you meant you deleted the folder on the share.  I must admit, deleting the user from the account like that is something I haven't heard of before.  I think you are going to have to do a Server Reinstallation (unless you can at least give us an idea of what you were doing at time on the server desktop, which, by the way, logging into is unsupported for this exact reason).
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 4:13 AM
  • I had no problems to delete a user in computer management of the server and recreate it in the console.
    But since this not works, it may be a last idea to open the registry editor on the server, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Home Server\User Manager\Users and delete the key for this user name there.
    Reboot the server and try again to recreate the account in the console.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:32 AM