Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine But Was Before RRS feed

• Question

1. Ok so I peeked at the topics related and I couldn't find any help. So when I get to my log in screen it says that a I have a slui.exe - bad image. It says "C:\\Windows\system32\MFC42u.dll is not either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administration or the software vendor for support." but i was hoping to avoid contacting by phone yet. I had a problem when i turned on the computer before this and it said that i had to sort some currupted files then it restarted and this happened. also it keeps bringing up error messages all the time i cant do anything at all on my computer besides view my securitry centre and my documents folder only if im trying to search. it says at the bottom right hand corner that I have a not genuine version of windows but i have had this computer like 2 years. right now i am on a friends because i cant even bring up internet page. alot of the time it will say my client for something has stopped working when i try to open a program. including via voice. i also as a last thought have whats seems to be ME style OS with the grey start menu and tool bar and all my desktop icons are gone except my recycle bin.

Pleaseeee help someone.

Friday, August 6, 2010 8:15 PM

Answers

• "KeiKei4" wrote in message news:0375b05f-28ad-47ad-ab78-1b32d3f1269a...
    1. Ok so I peeked at the topics related and I couldn't find any help. So when I get to my log in screen it says that a I have a slui.exe - bad image. It says "C:\\Windows\system32\MFC42u.dll is not either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administration or the software vendor for support." but i was hoping to avoid contacting by phone yet. I had a problem when i turned on the computer before this and it said that i had to sort some currupted files then it restarted and this happened. also it keeps bringing up error messages all the time i cant do anything at all on my computer besides view my securitry centre and my documents folder only if im trying to search. it says at the bottom right hand corner that I have a not genuine version of windows but i have had this computer like 2 years. right now i am on a friends because i cant even bring up internet page. alot of the time it will say my client for something has stopped working when i try to open a program. including via voice. i also as a last thought have whats seems to be ME style OS with the grey start menu and tool bar and all my desktop icons are gone except my recycle bin.

Pleaseeee help someone.

No-one can help until you post a report on your system - look at the Announcements and Stickies at the head of the forum index page, and post back with your MGADiag report,as well as some relevant details.
    MFC4u.dll is almost certainly a malware-related file - you need to clean your system with a reliable anti-virus and a reliable anti-malware program (what do you have installed, currently - is it up to date?)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, August 6, 2010 8:49 PM

All replies

• "KeiKei4" wrote in message news:0375b05f-28ad-47ad-ab78-1b32d3f1269a...

Pleaseeee help someone.

No-one can help until you post a report on your system - look at the Announcements and Stickies at the head of the forum index page, and post back with your MGADiag report,as well as some relevant details.
    MFC4u.dll is almost certainly a malware-related file - you need to clean your system with a reliable anti-virus and a reliable anti-malware program (what do you have installed, currently - is it up to date?)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, August 6, 2010 8:49 PM
  • No reply from Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:35 PM