none
Windows 7, Create System Restore Point Failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i am using windows 7 on an older computer, I recently discovered that i can not create a System Restore Point, I get an error your volume of a shadow copy has timed out. Its error code (0x81000101) i have searched the internet for days only to find that all attempts to fix this issue has always came to the same ending, (FAIL) i would really like to set this system restore point back up if anyone has any clue about what im doing wrong or not seeing, If you feel your smart enough to fix it please be my guest. I have had all i can take. On another forum everyone has came to a quiet mode im assuming. they stopped replying to me. But i will try anything once and take any info you can give me. look forward to talking with you all. thanks in advance
    Monday, March 2, 2015 11:40 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 7 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:51 PM

All replies

• Restart PC, and make it again.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 12:30 AM
  • Have restarted after every adjustment i made. still comes up with same error code :(
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 12:34 AM
  • Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 7 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

• Thanks Karl, Sorry im new here and did not see the right place to ask the question.

It looks like this problem can not be fixed so i guess im (SOL) on this one, But i thank you for the pointing in right direction.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 9:35 PM
  • Make system restore...
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 12:28 AM
  • Correct GeorgeSheltons. That is what the plan was. Unless you mean to Make my system make a restore point. If that is what you mean, I am all ears? Im to the point where im ready to start seeing how many swings of the fist it takes to disable this computer. im out of ideas any help would not go unnoticed
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 12:43 AM
  • Make system restore via safe mode.
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:53 AM
  • Since this has gotten me no help at all. You can close this topic im done working on this computer..

Saturday, March 7, 2015 2:42 PM