Any others with problems running 64 bit ICE under VMWare Fusion 4.1.0 on Mac OS X Lion? RRS feed

• Question

• I have used ICE for many years natively on PC and also on Macs but with my new Macbook Pro running Mac OS X Lion version 10.7.2 with the 64 bit version of ICE, the program loads just fine, but when opening only seven 4-5MB images trying to create a new pano, the program hangs and will just not load the images. Yes, I've waited more than 15 minutes but the progress bar continues to show zero percent.

Any one else out there having the same issues?  Any ideas what is happening or how to fix this??? 

Any info will be most GREATLY appreciated!

--mkspheresk

Saturday, November 19, 2011 6:05 PM

All replies

• My first idea is, that if you are using it on a VM ( and it sounds like you previously ran ICE on the normal Operating System) you might have a RAM problem. This might not be because your PC doesn't have enough RAM, more likely because the current settings of the VMWare just doesn't let your OSX Lion use more. A look into your settings and changing the (I think) 2GB standard to somewhat more suitable.
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:19 PM