Vista + Creative soundblaster live! RRS feed

• Question

• Right I don't know how many people I have asked for help on this matter including programmers and windows technicians with no answers so I decided to try and ask the public to see if anyone else can help! I had to do a fresh install of vista because Com surrogate, rundll32 and windows explorer kept crashing on a 3 second basis. After installation, I went to reinstall the drivers for my integrated soundmax sound card and soundblaster live card. Previous installation in February allowed windows update to locate and install the relevant drivers for the cards. This installation however (21/03/07) says that there are no drivers available for the soundblaster card and the ones that it installs for the soundmax card dont work...this is extremely strange because the drivers that installed for them before caused no problems to my pc or any of the software but gave me high fidelity sound. I find it odd that windows would remove them especially as they seem to be the only ones that were supplying them. Creative have discontinued the drivers from their website. I tried four other possible solutions to this problem including the NGO HQ modded drivers and the KX drivers none of which work. I try and install the drivers from C:\Windows and it searches, finds them and begins the installation before telling me that there was a problem with it!!! Finally the sound card is fine and works fine with XP...and can download the drivers from XP windows update. If anyone has any ideas please let me know as I cannot survive without sound! Also if anyone else has problems with creative audio drivers please post in here so windows can see the magnitude of the situation and come up with some solutions as it is it a very common problem...

Cheers

Vijay

Thursday, March 22, 2007 10:58 AM

All replies

• I take it I'm buying a new sound card then? That I'm not even sure about because my soundcard comes up on the windows vista compatibility list!!!
    Thursday, March 22, 2007 10:42 PM