Parent Child Business Unit Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have a customer which use CRM 2016 version. They are using three level business unit roles (I called this 1).

Under the main business unit , there are 8 child business unit (1.1 , 1.2 , 1.3...) .

One of these child units has a 5 child unit too.  (1.1.1, 1.1.2 , 1.1.3 , ... )

Two different user under this 3. level child unit (1.1.1 and 1.1.2) has different accounts and contacts.

The company wants to show these users accounts to each other.

I configured the security role like the image below. But it doesn't work for this scenario.

Am i missing something or there is a bug or smething with the securty role?

Monday, December 19, 2016 1:59 PM

All replies

• You don't say in what way this doesn't work. Are users seeing too many accounts or too few?

Looking at your screenshot, the configuration of security for Account and Read is Parent:Child depth which means users with this security role can view accounts owned by anyone in the same business unit as the user and all business units below the user's business unit.

Monday, December 19, 2016 2:29 PM
  • Hello Feridun,

Users cann't seeing their records. Our customer wants to show user A's account record to user B.

The parent business (1.1) is the common part of this two user. They are at the bottom business unit of the organization.

Monday, December 19, 2016 3:18 PM
  • Hi ilker

As you mentioned the business units 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 are the two different units.

From the snapshot you have given the privileges for Read as Parent Child that means the user under the business unit 1.1.1 can see the records created under 1.1.1 and also any other BU under it.

But the user you mentioned doesn't belong either to 1.1.1 or under it but to a different BU.which doesn't comes under the Parent BU(1.1.1).

Obviously that is not a bug.

To make the records of the user belong to BU 1.1.1 visible to the user in BU 1.1.2.You can create a team in 1.1.1 with the BU as 1.1.1 and add the user in that team.Then the user in 1.1.2 can see the records of 1.1.1.

Similarly you create a team for  the user of 1.1.1.

Latest Tech Update: Playbox apk

CRM Developer and Blogger at mobiupdates.com

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 5:03 PM